What's new

Running ac66u and ac68u together

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Configure a unique ssid for each band and each router.

If you're using the RMerlin firmware; you may find the 'Roaming assistance' setting useful in getting you to 'automatically' switch you to the stronger signal.

Using the same ssid per band will probably be an exercise in frustration - especially if the overlap is as strong as you indicate.

I am using AC68 as main router and N66 operating as Repeater. I have configured it both ways, and also prefer to have unique SSIDs on each repeater band to have more control over exactly which router a device is connected to.

Which brings me to "roaming assist", that sounded like a great option to disconnect device below a certain signal strength and connect to the other router...however, this actually causes the 2.4Ghz radio to be disabled? I created a separate post 15585 for this issue.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!