What's new

RX-AX68U Can´t change router's login password.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xtvst

New Around Here
Under Administration -> System, I click "change" under Router Login Password.
In the pop-up box, I provide the same password I use to log into the router's UI. And then I provide a new password under that text box and confirm it.
I click OK. The following text appear under the password text box in yellow:
*Your current login password is incorrect!

Was running fw3004_388.5. Now updated to 3004_388.7. Same issue.

No idea if this'll make a difference, but perhaps try the ASUS Router app -
Settings, System Settings, Router Login Configuration --> EDIT

Under Administration -> System, I click "change" under Router Login Password.
In the pop-up box, I provide the same password I use to log into the router's UI. And then I provide a new password under that text box and confirm it.
I click OK. The following text appear under the password text box in yellow:
*Your current login password is incorrect!
Couple of troubleshooting steps if you haven't tried them already.
Try a different web browser.
Temporarily disable any browser add-ons or extensions.
Use a computer directly connected to the router via Ethernet cable.
Try a different computer.
As the prior person suggested, try using the Asus mobile app to change the password.

Did you by chance use special characters in your current password? If so avoid using special characters, stick to alphanumeric characters (numbers and letters).

At a worst case maybe do a reset (or hard factory reset) where the existing password is erased and then choose a new password during the QIS setup.

Just logged into mine using Firefox for Mac and don't have any problems. Since you didn't show the full firmware version was it updated to 3.0.0.4.388_24646 released in Feb?

I am having the exact same problem on an AC1900. I can get to the router portal Web UI using a wifi connected laptop and also when using a desktop hard wired into the router. However, as the OP stated, when I attempt to change the password (administration->system->router login password->change), I get an error message that indicates that the password (the one that I used to actually get into the portal successfully) is "incorrect". I've used Firefox, Brave, and Opera and get the same result on the laptop and desktop.

Addition info: I tried changing the password with the app and got the following error message: "This account already exists. Please enter a different name." I don't want to change the "account" name and I don't know what will happen if I do - does this create an additional account? This is not the way I want to go. Has anybody solved this?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!