What's new

SAMBA Error messages in the log

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jocular_chen

New Around Here
I see a lot of Error messages in the log on my N66U and AC68U. Although the SAMBA works without issues, but the messages bother me. Does anyone have idea to resolve it?

Apr 3 19:00:41 smbd[2682]: [2016/04/03 19:00:41.260959, 0] smbd/sesssetup.c:1355(reply_sesssetup_and_X)
Apr 3 19:00:41 smbd[2682]: reply_sesssetup_and_X: Rejecting attempt at SPNEGO session setup when it was not negotiated.
Apr 3 20:00:41 smbd[2704]: [2016/04/03 20:00:41.202296, 0] smbd/sesssetup.c:1355(reply_sesssetup_and_X)
Apr 3 20:00:41 smbd[2704]: reply_sesssetup_and_X: Rejecting attempt at SPNEGO session setup when it was not negotiated.
Apr 3 21:00:53 smbd[2724]: [2016/04/03 21:00:53.298560, 0] smbd/sesssetup.c:1355(reply_sesssetup_and_X)

It's resolved after tons of internet research and practise. Issue is some default configuration of SMB is changed in latest ASUS build (RMerlin build is based on ASUS build). So I create a file smb.postconf with following content and stage at /jffs/scripts/.

#!/bin/sh
CONFIG=$1
source /usr/sbin/helper.sh
pc_replace "use spnego = no" "use spnego = yes" $CONFIG
pc_replace "client use spnego = no" "client use spnego = yes" $CONFIG

I am using RMerlin firmware, which allow me to run the script at boot. See details at Wiki https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Custom-config-files#postconf-scripts

Hopefully RMerlin can see it and update those in smb.conf in the next build.

It used to work through pure luck - there was a typo in the parameter, so the option wasn't getting disabled. Fixing the typo created an actual issue it seems.

I've completely removed this setting, letting Samba use its default setting instead (which is to enable spnego support).

I presume this is the reason for the really slow or failed initial smb handshakes of late

I have noticed it for a while on my AC66U turning off SMB2 support made it fast again
on my AC88U its slow either way but fine wih asuswrt will try spnego now see if it fixes it

nope not spnego causing it
just waited for the handshake to timeout and had a second or two delay again