What's new

Setting up ECB-3500

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

n0fx

Occasional Visitor
I just bought a Engenius ECB-3500 AP. Is there any special trick to get this to even go to the config page? The manual states to set your pc to the same subnet (192.168.1.x with 255.255.255.0) and then connect to 192.168.1.1 to config the AP. I tried multiple times to reset the unit and tried 192.168.1.1 but it just doesn't ping or respond. The funny thing is that when I do a reset, I set my mac to constantly ping 192.168.1.1 and it responds 4 times during bootup and during that time, I tried to access to web config but it doesn't work afterwards, the unit stops responding to pings again. The front of the AP has both the LAN/WAN leds on at the same time.

Did I get a defective unit? I setup routers before in the past, so I know the drill on how to set them up.

I've also tried that Engenius Locator program in the same subnet and it doesn't find the AP.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!