What's new

Setting up the TP-Link Archer C50 as a repeater

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SilverTelperion

New Around Here
Recently, my ISP switched my modem to a wireless model, and it seems surprisingly decent. Is it possible to set up my Archer C50 router as a repeater, to try and see if I get better coverage on the second floor?

Thanks!

You'll get better coverage if it can be used as a repeater, but the throughput will halve.

If you have a LAN run to where you want the AP, you will have much better results instead.

You'll get better coverage if it can be used as a repeater, but the throughput will halve.

If you have a LAN run to where you want the AP, you will have much better results instead.

I guess the halved throughput is simply a side effect of how router repeating works right?

I guess the halved throughput is simply a side effect of how router repeating works right?

Yes. Keep in mind that it will affect all your wireless clients though. Whether they connect to the repeater or the main router (WiFi is time shared).

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!