What's new

Sign in with router account required

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

raleigh_gal

New Around Here
I have a RT-N66R router. I (stupidly) just downloaded the latest firmware for it. I was advised to reset the router which I did (also stupidly). Of course, it went to factory defaults and lost all of my information. I began the setup process again and managed to rename the network, but I couldn't get past the first screen of the Wizard to the router interface. I gave up and put in the installation CD, but again, can't get past the first screen of the wizard. I have renamed the router to its old name, but nothing else. I only have internet access through the ethernet cable. No matter how I try to access the router (192.168.1.1 or through the wizard), I get this screen:
upload_2015-12-31_0-39-4.png

admin/admin doesn't work (neither does admin/password or Admin/Admin). My email address is too long and won't fit in the first box, even though I went and set up an account with ASUS to see if it would work. Please help me figure out how to get past this page.
Thanks.

I finally figured it out. I reset the router again and started over. Then I let Windows networking begin the setup. Windows asked for the PIN on the bottom of the router. I typed that in and it gave me the new security key. From there, I could use the ASUS tools to configure the rest of the network. Wish that had been anywhere in the instructions.

Never had your issue after a factory reset just type 192.168.1.1 into your browser and that will take you directly to the set up page there you enter your user name and router password that will be used from then on to access the router UI.

Similar thing happened to me. I upgraded firmware, and the new login screen will not let me login.

I have yet to factory as I don't want to disrupt things during the day.

I just bought a backup router, so I think it is time to move on to Merlins firmware.