What's new

Slow Wifi on ASUS RT-68AC on Huawei Android devices only, others run OK

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ornitus

New Around Here
Hello,

I have purchased new Huawei P8 Dual SIM (HUAWEI-GRA-UL00), My wife, has the similar P8, but not dual SIM - version GRA-L09.
We both have a problem with slow Wi-Fi (slow download - upload seems to be OK) on router ASUS RT-AC68U - on 2,4 GHz (5Ghz is not even seen on HUA - is not supported).

The speed often drops under 0,5Mbit/s and is not stable - also in LAN not only on Internet. Internet connection is optical with speed 100Mbit/s.
All other devices are running perfectly on router with no issue (3 laptops, other mobile phones, etc.). PC station runs via ethernet on 80Mbit/s Download and 20Mb/s Upload...

We tried also severeal other wi-fis and there our P8s work well (download speed up to 30Mbit/s).
Router has last Merlin Firmware (I also try to downgrade to original Asus one - with no success).
I tried several options change on router, inlcuding change of channels, bandwith, IPv6 disabling, firewall disabling etc., but with no success.

Any suggestion, what can be wrong?

Just quick response:
- I did facory reset on router, didn't change anything - just user name password and Wi-fi WPS2/Aes authetication - Problem solved
- Every day I switch on additional feature (Samba, openVpn...) - speed still looks fine
- when I tried to switch on "Download manager", suddenly speed drops rapidly down. CPU load on one core was between 80-100%, second over 50%, RAM utilization over 90%. It looks, like this high loads could be the problem. So be careful if you will turn on more features. The speed of processor, and RAM is limited.

Just turning on the download manager feature slowed it down? Or did you try to download a file? After that, slowdown was forever? Sounds like something got corrupted, but the factory reset should have cleared it. This question should be in the Merlin Subfolder, but maybe @RMerlin will see it here.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I also have two GRA-L09 phones in my household. Turning off TX Bursting has helped a lot.

Doyp0FR.png

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!