What's new

Small AiMesh Node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

agarabaghi

New Around Here
I am looking for the smallest AiMesh node to fit in an outdoor box to simple power a camera at the boat dock.

I believe this is the smallest one:

ASUS AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Repeater & Range Extender (RP-AC55)​

Are there any other cheap options? It can be plugin or have a power supply.

A single camera connected to a router is asking to be 'borrowed'/stolen ASAP.

No AC class router is recommended today.

Consider a WISP-capable router instead (and many more cameras pointing to each other).

This is just a dock camera use to check if the lake is flat. I am not worried about it getting stolen. It just needs 2.4 ssid to connect to the eufy cloud.

If the camera can use WiFi, why do you want a router down there?

Are there any other cheap options?

You don't need AiMesh node exactly. I personally will shoot the camera with something like Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2 in AP mode straight from the house's wall or window. It can work as directional AP with 8.5dBi antennas, about 60-degree beam, about $60 and small in size. You may want something simpler like Wi-Fi extender, but it has to be between the router and the camera. At the camera location AiMesh node or Extender will have the camera issue - low signal level.

I am looking for the smallest AiMesh node to fit in an outdoor box to simple power a camera at the boat dock.

How about a small repeater/AIMesh node like

Or

HB

What about one of the XD4/XD4S series? Or XD5? I have 2 x XD6, they are also not that big.
But surely just a Wifi/Ethernet Capable Camera itself is the best bet?