What's new

[Solved] RT-AC68U router mode problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rainland

New Around Here
Hello. I've been using this router for over a year in AP mode. Things have changed and I need to use the wireless router mode from now on. The problem is that when I changed the mode and got new ip: 192.168.1.x, the internet is not working.

I can see from the webui that the router gets WAN ip and when I ping google for example, the ip is correct, but no packets go through. Do you have an idea what option I should have to change for this to start working?

Firmware version: 384.6

Thanks!

If you could just point me to a direction where the answer might be I can investigate the rest on my own, I think.

Perform a factory reset and then go through the "first time configuration" setup. The router can usually automatically detect the correct settings.

Is it still connected via WAN port to your modem or did you change anything?
For factory reset press WPS-button while powering on and release it 20s later.
Which firmware are you using, update first maybe useful!

Hi guys. Thanks for the tips. At first the factory reset didnt help but only after I rebooted my computer it started working. Silly me of not thinking about the reset :p

Thanks again!

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!