What's new

Some kind of 2.5gbit bottleneck issue - testing new GTAX11000 on Merlin latest 388.7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wifi speeds are also going to be variable due to conditions. Whats the connected speed say on 2.5g port when using the Internet speed function? That will tell you the speed coming in from wan 2.5g rather then what your getting over wireless.

View attachment 60236?
From the router device x86-64 device
1721163432347.png

Highest i have seen on its best days is 2100mb/s, on its worst 1300mb/s. I call that issues with the testing server.

I always get flack for showing my wifi settings. I'm not going to say they are optimal or even correct for most people. But it's what I use and prefer. Since your testing over wifi I'm not the best person to say what is best practice.

Screenshot 2024-07-16 165830.png

Screenshot 2024-07-16 165736.png

From the router device x86-64 device
View attachment 60239

Highest i have seen on its best days is 2100mb/s, on its worst 1300mb/s. I call that issues with the testing server.

Now I'd try this test on the internet speed page on the gt-ax11000 to see if they are even remotely close. Use the 2.5g port.

I always get flack for showing my wifi settings. I'm not going to say they are optimal or even correct for most people. But it's what I use and prefer. Since your testing over wifi I'm not the best person to say what is best practice.

View attachment 60240
View attachment 60241
Yea, my wifi situation is great. The issue is the big discrepancies with the wired.

Now I'd try this test on the internet speed page on the gt-ax11000 to see if they are even remotely close. Use the 2.5g port.
Can I do it in AP mode? do you have a link you can share so I can quickly access it from AP mode. I think the page is hidden.

Can I do it in AP mode? do you have a link you can share so I can quickly access it from AP mode. I think the page is hidden.
I assume your using aimesh.. maybe not guess ap mode blocks some stuff.

ssh: nvram set re_mode=0 will unhide the page. then use https://192.168.x.x:8443/AdaptiveQoS_InternetSpeed.asp

alternatively you can use rtrmon to do the speedtest via amtm. https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...-scanner-speedtest-new-beta8-available.90292/

or add via this link:

Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/develop/rtrmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Last edited:
I assume your using aimesh.. maybe not guess ap mode blocks some stuff.

ssh: nvram set re_mode=0 will unhide the page. then use https://192.168.x.x:8443/AdaptiveQoS_InternetSpeed.asp

alternatively you can use rtrmon to do the speedtest via amtm. https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...-scanner-speedtest-new-beta8-available.90292/

or add via this link:

Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/develop/rtrmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"
heres some tests with various servers using the builtin speed test.

1721169261826.png

heres some tests with various servers using the builtin speed test.

View attachment 60248

Okay so that's closer to the speeds you should be getting assuming it's still on 2.5g during those tests and the slower speeds aren't only from the 2.5g port. But it appears your issue is with slower speeds over wifi and using speedtest.

DFS and certain country's have limitations on band/channels available for 160Mhz. Meaning it can drop down to 80Mhz bandwidth or worse depending on the device and it's radios and how many stream (antenna) it has. Checking your wireless log will show you more information about the client devices to see if your connecting at the faster speeds.

Screenshot 2024-07-16 184033.png

Last edited:
Make sure you don't miss the return window, @Swistheater. šŸ«£
Can't return a gift, it was brand new still in the box though. I guess I could re-gift it (naahh). I do however plan to use it for something else... I will look into purchasing one of these newer models though.

Can't return a gift, it was brand new still in the box though. I guess I could re-gift it (naahh). I do however plan to use it for something else... I will look into purchasing one of these newer models though.

Unless your really keen on aimesh nodes should look at Altalabs wired APā€™s. Theyā€™ve really been interesting me lately.

Unless your really keen on aimesh nodes should look at Altalabs wired APā€™s. Theyā€™ve really been interesting me lately.

yep right now I have Aimesh set to hardwire backhaul. At the moment, my only business level device is connected to the modem. I did that so I could get my hands dirty with the 2.5gbit. I am currently on the wait list for the new fiber being brought into my area. Once that happens, I plan to ditch comcast completely.

You'll be the first one around "elevated" by this "revolutionary networking technology" by company founded in 2022. Let us know how it goes. šŸ‘

Marketing jargon really isn't the selling points for me lol.

You'll be the first one around "elevated" by this "revolutionary networking technology" by company founded in 2022. Let us know how it goes. šŸ‘
Marketing jargon really isn't the selling points for me lol.
well, we all know how that goes with asus. We get to immerse ourselves into a new gaming experience, wrapped up in a web of AIMESH which is baby sit by the life time trendmicrowaves protection.

What are the selling points?

Mainly the specs and the controller. It's not all around robust like a asus router which tries to be a little of everything. But for wired poe+ ap's seems solid; I haven't utilized any so I could be just drooling from specs, and they could be crap. But probably the way I'm eventually going to go.

Screenshot 2024-07-16 195226.png
Screenshot 2024-07-16 195237.png

Screenshot 2024-07-16 194718.png

Screenshot 2024-07-16 194824.png

Good luck with it. I see nothing revolutionary in the 3x APs and 3x switches they offer. I can guarantee you the products you see are rebranded products of another company with some hard to pronounce name and mandarin speaking owner. No one is going to reinvent the wheel just to try.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!