What's new

Suggestion for a router for this network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CaFFeiNe666

New Around Here
good morning, i'm a little undecided on 3 routers/wireless

here are options
dlink 655 (80€)
d-link 825(100€)
netgear wndr3700130€)

they seem to have all good wireless performance and lan performance

my use is this

cable connected pcs:
principal internet and desktop using
homeserver (hard disk sharing, p2p etc, streaming on other pcs)
sometimes my notebook (trasferring and streaming files on server

wifi:
android phone
symbian phone
one "internet only" (no file sharing, streaming) notebook
sometimes my notebook with video streaming and file sharing

what do you think with any of those those router can i have fullhd stream on cable without problems?

is wndr max throughput on cable much better, worh 60€ more?

Last edited:
here are options
dlink 655 (80€)
d-link 825(100€)
netgear wndr3700130€)

what do you think with any of those those router can i have fullhd stream on cable without problems?
The DIR-655 is only single band, the others are simultaneous (two radio) dual band.

If "fullHD stream on cable" means using wired Ethernet, then any of the products will work fine. No router is guaranteed to have no problems streaming HD content via wireless.

The DIR-655 is only single band, the others are simultaneous (two radio) dual band.

If "fullHD stream on cable" means using wired Ethernet, then any of the products will work fine. No router is guaranteed to have no problems streaming HD content via wireless.

yes cable means ethernet ;) while normale streams? (under 720p)
do you think most of those routers will perform well?

i know dir 655 i SB, but i don't really need dual band, cause all important connections (performance) are cabled...

but i'm interested in both wireless range and good ethernet management

For data transfers between LAN machines, you're just dealing with the switch chip in the router. This is well-established technology and even 100 Mbps switches will handle 1080p with no problem.

For data transfers between LAN machines, you're just dealing with the switch chip in the router. This is well-established technology and even 100 Mbps switches will handle 1080p with no problem.

hi, i'm a little late... was outside, and couldn't buy router, so i'm home again, and things have changed...

what's best for you between dir-655 dir-825 and netgear wndr3300? (from review i've read had bad performance on wireless, but also read an announcement of a bugfixing firmware... but with no update on review...)

i need first the best wired performance is the most important thing cause my home server, and first pc are wired, than wifi range... and last wifi performance...

actually is possible that dir-655 is only available in rev a4? (for what i've read is better)

Last edited: