What's new

Support for DFS & TCP (AC66U) ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Guny

New Around Here
Hello,

I am new to this forum and tried to find any Information, if the AC66U (with Merlin firmware) does Support DFS & TCP.
(The forum search say this keyword are to short)

So can anybody help me ?

Thanks

Regards
Guny

Hello,

I am new to this forum and tried to find any Information, if the AC66U (with Merlin firmware) does Support DFS & TCP.

DFS support is unchanged from stock firmware, so the same models are supported as in the stock firmware. Wireless drivers being closed source, I cannot change this.

Not sure what you mean regarding TCP. TCP is one of the most elementary protocols on the Internet, it's used to connect to the vast majority of Internet services, such as websites or mail servers, so it's supported by every single router that exists.

I think he means TPC (Transmit Power Control).

No idea, never heard of it. From what I see it's tied to DFS, so if the wireless driver supports DFS, then it probably also inherently support TPC.

Hello,

oh, sorry. Yes I mean TPC and DFS are needed to use the upper channels in the 5GHz ....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11h-2003
I did not find any information, if the stock firmware does support it....
therefor my question....
Regards
Guny
802.11h is another standard (other than a,b,g, n,ac) and not seeing it in the references as supported usually means that it is not supported...

Hello,
[...]I did not find any information, if the stock firmware does support it....
therefor my question....
Regards
Guny

I'm happy that you finally found some information about your topic.:)