What's new

Switching back to .33 from .34; RT N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

randomName

Very Senior Member
I've recently updated my firmware to 374.34 on my RTN66U from 374.33 I'm not sure if the slow net is due to the firmware or not but I'd like to revert back to 374.33 from 374.34 to test this out. Will there be any issue doing so?

I've recently updated my firmware to 374.34 on my RTN66U from 374.33 I'm not sure if the slow net is due to the firmware or not but I'd like to revert back to 374.33 from 374.34 to test this out. Will there be any issue doing so?

No, you can safely revert. Make sure you stick with the same driver version however (regular to regular, or sdk5 to sdk5).

No, you can safely revert. Make sure you stick with the same driver version however (regular to regular, or sdk5 to sdk5).

I also had to downgrade from the latest Asus stock firmware to your 33 build but don't see the same consistency and speeds I saw on this router before that I saw with the same 33 build. I already did the 30-30-30 reset before flashing the 33 build again and used Asus restore utility for it. Is there something else that I should be doing?

I also had to downgrade from the latest Asus stock firmware to your 33 build but don't see the same consistency and speeds I saw on this router before that I saw with the same 33 build. I already did the 30-30-30 reset before flashing the 33 build again and used Asus restore utility for it. Is there something else that I should be doing?

You probably have channels set to Auto, meaning the router ended up using different channels, as there should be no reason you wouldn't get the same performance as before, especially after a factory default reset. Or something else was configured differently.

I need some further investigating. I have the feeling that 34_2 isn't stable. Very often lousy web respons. Pages not loading etc.
People in the House are complaining about bad internet connection. When I was on .33 this was not the case.
I'll keep you informed.

A little update of my findings regarding stability.
For some reason I switched dns server at WAN to auto. And since the DNS of my provider are to say it friendly not the most stable on earth, this can be very good be the root cause for the complaints.
I will see it on for another period, and check if things are normal.

To be complete: it looks like a config mistake of myself, and not an issue with the firmware RMerlin released!

FTP from WAN isn't working again with 34_2. Well, I should probably say, UPnP is not working again. Going back to older FW once again. :sigh

FTP from WAN isn't working again with 34_2. Well, I should probably say, UPnP is not working again. Going back to older FW once again. :sigh

UPnP is working fine for me, and in fact that code hasn't changed in months.