What's new

TAILMON TAILMON v1.0.20 -July 27, 2024- WireGuard-based Tailscale Installer, Configurator and Monitor (Now available in AMTM!)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello

Thanks for the addon, was working fine. However after latest update I am getting and error concerning --accept-routes.

I can't seem to find a setting for that, however I though it was there before. It enabled and I need it, however tailscale is restarted without that option so does not come up.

Any help is appreciated.
Could you please elaborate on the error you're seeing? Maybe a screenshot?

Code:
Executing: tailscale up --advertise-routes=192.168.1.0/24

Error: changing settings via 'tailscale up' requires mentioning all
non-default flags. To proceed, either re-run your command with --reset or
use the command below to explicitly mention the current value of
all non-default settings:

tailscale up --advertise-routes=192.168.1.0/24 --accept-routes

Thanks for the feedback on this. You were absolutely correct - that was an error on my part. Please download and overwrite TAILMON with the same version. I've pushed a small patch out that fixes this. Version stays the same.

Apologies for having to jump through all those hoops. That frustration could have been avoided... my bad. :)
Hi Viktor,

I have email notifications on for Success and Failure. I was expecting an email after a reboot and a successful rejoining the tailscale network but didn't get one. Is this the expected behavior? If so, can it be updated to do this? The email would be a great help knowing the router had rebooted but all is well. Thanks

Thanks,
Rung

Code:
Executing: tailscale up --advertise-routes=192.168.1.0/24

Error: changing settings via 'tailscale up' requires mentioning all
non-default flags. To proceed, either re-run your command with --reset or
use the command below to explicitly mention the current value of
all non-default settings:

tailscale up --advertise-routes=192.168.1.0/24 --accept-routes
From a standalone SSH prompt, issue the command:

Code:
tailscale up --reset

Then try running your original command... they (tailscale) made some changes recently where they went back and forth on some default switches that fired in the background... let me know if that helps.

Already tried that. That results in it not accepting routes which I need it to accept. Can we have a setting for accepting routes? or a place to add custom options, could not find either.

I have email notifications on for Success and Failure. I was expecting an email after a reboot and a successful rejoining the tailscale network but didn't get one. Is this the expected behavior? If so, can it be updated to do this? The email would be a great help knowing the router had rebooted but all is well. Thanks
Anything (mostly) is possible... I could add a success event for when the script starts up, and perhaps check the amount of uptime of the router, and if it's less than 5 minutes, send a notification that the router just rebooted. Hmmm... might be a good one for RTRMON as well. Thanks! :)

Already tried that. That results in it not accepting routes which I need it to accept. Can we have a setting for accepting routes? or a place to add custom options, could not find either.
Try this...

Code:
tailscale up --accept-routes=false

And then try reissuing your original command... perhaps a reset will help.

or a place to add custom options, could not find either.
You can configure TAILMON to use the "custom" operating mode... there you have full command over all command line switches.

But it only works properly when it's set to --accept-routes, so I failed to see how explicitly disabling it would help.

But it only works properly when it's set to --accept-routes, so I failed to see how explicitly disabling it would help.

Take a look here...

That option is greyed out for me.
In the setup/configuration menu, choose option 3:

1717969873356.png

Then option 3 again:

1717969911967.png

OK so I setup the custom CMD to "--advertise-routes=192.168.1.0/24 --accept-routes"

which works, however on issuing R for restart the custom setting get reset to original without -accept-routes.

Seems odd to have to use custom settings just to get standard feature of -accept-routes.

OK so I setup the custom CMD to "--advertise-routes=192.168.1.0/24 --accept-routes"

which works, however on issuing R for restart the custom setting get reset to original without -accept-routes.

Seems odd to have to use custom settings just to get standard feature of -accept-routes.
Think you may have stumbled on something here, @Wheemer1 ... I'm going to have to dive into this further, but I think you are right... When "(R)estarting" the service/connection, it seems to be applying the standard custom config, and not what you had specified earlier. I will get to work on this.

Please consider a standard option to also include --accept-routes.
I'll get that added as another option... Definitely in agreement. Seen this topic come up quite a bit since starting this project.

Actually is seems that there is a problem even when I manually issue "tailscale up --advertise-routes=192.168.1.0/24 --accept-routes" at prompt. I can no longer ping an ip on my tailnet that used to work before the most recent update.

Actually is seems that there is a problem even when I manually issue "tailscale up --advertise-routes=192.168.1.0/24 --accept-routes" at prompt. I can no longer ping an ip on my tailnet that used to work before the most recent update
Did you check the web UI side, and make sure everything looks good on that end?

I'll get that added as another option... Definitely in agreement. Seen this topic come up quite a bit since starting this project.
It would be interesting to run a poll asking how many people run Tailmon in a site-2-site configuration.