What's new

Thinking about ZyXel USG 20W or USG20

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hyelton

So I need a good stable router for my home connection 25megs. and thought I`d just go to something more higher end than regular consumer routers.

Is there any difference between the USG 20 or the USG20W besides the USG 20W being Wireless?

Wireless is not 100% needed as I have a access point downstairs for 99% of the clients connect to that. I will have a total of about 25 devices and maybe about 6 or 7 of them all the time active. I dont need VPN or anything like that so that doesnt matter much to be.

Hi,
I have 20W. Works very well. It takes some "getting used to
time" to get the full use of it. It is not like Plug and Play device.

I'm looking to upgrade my home network again. I want to replace my a WRT54G-TM w/ 64mb running DD-WRT (which hasn't been updated since 1999) used as an edge router to connect to my fiber internet via PPPTP. I'm lvery interested in the USG20 as a firewall upgrade as well as upgrading my LAN ports to 10/100/1000.

My WAN consists of 2 wireless access points acting as APs only, no DHCP, or NAT. We connect a couple of laptops, cell phones, and a slew of media devices that connect occasionally. I currently don't utilize a VPN, but if we could get it to hook to my wife's VPN it would be awesome.

Any comments or concerns regarding the USG20 are welcome. I just need a little push to pull the trigger and buy it.

Hi,
I have 20W. Rock solid router. I don't recall it ever going down. I don't do all the fancy stuff this router can do just basic routing. Definitely more secure device compared to
common consumer routers.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!