What's new

TP-Link TL-R600VPN: Jumbo Frames?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WS Lewis

New Around Here
I just purchased one of these, anticipating testing any benefit derived by jumbo frames. Turns out, nothing in the literature or product web interface mentions jumbo frames.

I looked at a few alternatives (wired-only routers), and while they are listed in the charts as having jumbo frames, the product specs on the web do not mention jumbo frames.

Am I missing something here, such as in settings?

Thanks for any help.

I just purchased one of these, anticipating testing any benefit derived by jumbo frames. Turns out, nothing in the literature or product web interface mentions jumbo frames.

I looked at a few alternatives (wired-only routers), and while they are listed in the charts as having jumbo frames, the product specs on the web do not mention jumbo frames.

Am I missing something here, such as in settings?

Thanks for any help.
Apologies for misleading information in the Charts.

We no longer check for Jumbo Frames or consider them as an advantage. Today's Gigabit Ethernet adapter designs have eliminated the need for them.

I've removed the attribute from the Router Finder. Probably should have a long time ago.

Apologies for misleading information in the Charts.

We no longer check for Jumbo Frames or consider them as an advantage. Today's Gigabit Ethernet adapter designs have eliminated the need for them.

I've removed the attribute from the Router Finder. Probably should have a long time ago.

Thanks. The router will be put to use as the final step in assuring my network is all-Gigabit. I just now succeeded in getting much higher throughput than before, which makes the project I'm working on technically feasible.

Bill L.

Jumbo frames are helpful if you have some sort of compute cluster or render farms that continously pass data larger than 1500 bytes. VPN routers have never been stable and they were used in the past because consumer routers lacked VPN functionality and also hardware acceleration for VPN. Ubiquiti edgerouters actually use the same CPUs but their platform is much more stable now with their recent firmwares.

Jumbo frames become limited when there is a switch involved. CPU connected ports can support jumbo frames larger than 10K. Virtually networks support up to 65K frames but it depends on the network adapters. or the lowest frame size in the network.