What's new

TP-Link TL-WR810N vs Netgear Trek PR2000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fourquarts

New Around Here
Hi, all -

I'm currently looking at these two routers for use while traveling. I can find plenty of reviews of the Netgear (which seem to oscillate between "awesome" and "drops / reboots constantly"), but I am having an extremely difficult time finding any hands-on experience with the TP-Link. There are plenty of reviews of similar models (the 710, for example), but for the 810, I've so far found one review in German (58 words) and one in Dutch (202 words).

Does anyone have any direct experience with the TL-WR810N?

Thanks!

Hi, all -

I'm currently looking at these two routers for use while traveling. I can find plenty of reviews of the Netgear (which seem to oscillate between "awesome" and "drops / reboots constantly"), but I am having an extremely difficult time finding any hands-on experience with the TP-Link. There are plenty of reviews of similar models (the 710, for example), but for the 810, I've so far found one review in German (58 words) and one in Dutch (202 words).

Does anyone have any direct experience with the TL-WR810N?

Thanks!

I have the Netgear PR2000 which I own. It's a very flexible router for travel. Works well for the most part although some login requirements at some hotels can be problematic. Its range is fair but for use in a hotel room perfectly fine. You would not want to use it in a small apartment for example. It just doesnt have the range. Netgear is still updating the firmware on it and supporting it. I think it's a good buy.

Bob Silver
Netgear Networking Advisor

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!