What's new

Traffic Analyser - how accurate?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Simon W

Regular Contributor
I think I remember previously hardware acceleration could impact on the accuracy/reliability of this data.

Yet on the AX88U this is no an option to enable/disable hw acceleration but instead decided automatically (eg. mine currently reporting as "Runner: Enabled - Flow Cache: Enabled" as I've disabled QoS for now while I troubleshooting another issue).. so does this mean Traffic Analyser is now fairly accurate regardless?

Thanks.

With my old 68U the traffic analyzer was accurate only when just CTF was enabled. If FA was enabled it would not count all the data. With my 86U and both Runner and Flow Cache enabled I am pretty sure it is counting all my data as the total value it recorded for February was 5,675.89 GB.

Are we saying the same is true for the QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor (regardless as to whether or not QoS is enabled)?

Are we saying the same is true for the QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor (regardless as to whether or not QoS is enabled)?

I'm not sure what your question is. The Mbps values on those dials are certainly accurate when I run a speedtest.

Last edited: