What's new

Traffic Manager: Monthly Usage on the Decline

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cdikland

Regular Contributor
Until today my monthly usage found under the Traffic Manager tab seemed reasonably close to what my ISP was reporting. That was until today.

Yesterday the router reported April Monthly usage as:
2014-04 LAN*(192.168.1.0) 55.25 GB(Down) 12.08 GB(Up) 67.33 GB(Tot)

And today
2014-04 LAN*(192.168.1.0) 35.53 GB(Down) 10.15 GB(Up) 45.68 GB(Tot)

:eek: :confused:

Router: AC68U
FW: 40_alpha4

Last edited:
UPDATE: Log entries for April 16 - 21st have disappeared sometime in between yesterday morning (when I last checked usage) and today.:confused:

UPDATE: Log entries for April 16 - 21st have disappeared sometime in between yesterday morning (when I last checked usage) and today.:confused:

This often happens if for some reason the USB disk becomes unavailable (for instance if the router was rebooted and the disk ended up mounted under a different mount point).

Check your system log for any error related to the tomato_rstats or tomato_cstats.gz database.

No such errors in my log however this problem does coincide with a reboot of the router yesterday. Must be related somehow as this router has been up for weeks and my traffic log seemed good during the entire period. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? (yeah, I know, ":DDon't reboot")