What's new

Traffic stats

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

damianbl

New Around Here
Hi,

I save the traffic stats on Asus RT N66U to custom location. I get the tomato_rstats_d850e6ae6c98.gz file.

How can I view the stats after unpacking the gz archive? It doesn't look like it is regular text file.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I save the traffic stats on Asus RT N66U to custom location. I get the tomato_rstats_d850e6ae6c98.gz file.

How can I view the stats after unpacking the gz archive? It doesn't look like it is regular text file.

Thank you in advance.

You can't. This isn't a human readable format, it's intended for the router's own usage, to be processed and displayed on the webui.

Understand. Thank you for your answer.

Can I somehow get the traffic statistics (current rate would be sufficient) using the shell?

Understand. Thank you for your answer.

Can I somehow get the traffic statistics (current rate would be sufficient) using the shell?

Not out-of-the-box, you would have to install additional software through Entware.

Best you could do is view the packet count on the network interfaces.

Code:
cat /proc/net/dev

I have Entware installed so I can install additional software. If you point me in the direction what software I need, I'd really appreciate it.

I have Entware installed so I can install additional software. If you point me in the direction what software I need, I'd really appreciate it.

I can't remember what was the name of the shell-based tool that would provide network throughput statistic, you'll have to browse the list of available Entware packages.

@ryzhov_al might possibly remember?