What's new

Trend Micro exploring sale

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Interesting...

Wonder if they are looking to spin-off perhaps some of the business - they do business in many sectors, from ID Protection to Home End Point security to corporate and cloud services.

I worked with them many years back (early 2000's), and I can honestly say that I've never worked with a more passionate group of security professionals - they tend to be more low-key than some of the major "brands" in the business, but some of that might be cultural...

After having submitted somne feedback on their public beta tests in the early 2000`s, they invited me back then to join their PUG (Power User Group). We were not only running pre-release signatures (so something like Crowdstrike wouldn`t happen to their customers, we were their final line of test there, getting signatures a few hours before general availability), but also betatesting their yearly software releases, with free licences being provided to members. They even sent me a nice jacket at one point, with a "Trend Micro Power User Group" logo, in addition to various other freebies (I still have their notebook in my desk).

I was a member of PUG for a number of years, until I had decided to stop using their products. The whole experience was a really positive one, and gave me a positive view of the company itself.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online