What's new

TUF-AX3000 V2 Access points can't access the internet - the clients connected to it can.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What did you set the AP's DNS to?

Try:
Code:
nslookup google.com 192.168.1.1

The DNS in the AP was empty. (hoping it will use the ISP DNS like the main router does.)
After settings the DNS to 8.8.8.8 pinging google.com also works.

(I didn't use nslookup google.com 192.168.1.1)

Unforthently, like mentioned above, restarting the router reverts the fix.

How can I make it stick?
Also, how can I force the AP to use the ISP DNS without entering it manually? (I prefer not to use google DNS)

The DNS address should either be set manually to 192.168.1.1, or the AP should be configured as a DHCP client in which case it will get that address automatically.

Unforthently, like mentioned above, restarting the router reverts the fix.

How can I make it stick?
As I said, as far as I'm aware you can't.

EDIT: Can you post a screenshot of the whole of that page where you're setting the DNS and other addresses. I don't have the same device as you (and I don't use AP mode) so I'm having to guess what you're seeing.

Last edited:
I've also tried flashing one of the APs with gnuton fork of AsusWrt Merlin but I'm getting the same issue.

Can you post a screenshot of the whole of that page where you're setting the DNS and other addresses. I don't have the same device as you (and I don't use AP mode) so I'm having to guess what you're seeing.

1712528359111.png

OK this looks like user error rather than a bug. Your settings are invalid.

Either

a) Set "Get LAN IP automatically" to Yes.
"Connect to DNS server automatically" = Yes

or

b) Set Default Gateway to 192.168.1.1
and
DNS Server1 = 192.168.1.1
DNS Server2 = <blank>

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!