What's new

Unable to Access Asus RT-AC87U Admin Page

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

obxer

New Around Here
It worked great for the first couple of months. A few days ago, my led''s for the radios stopped working (the radios still worked). I did a 30-30-30 reset, restored settings and all was well. Today, I can no longer access the admin page. I can access the internet with no problem. I'm running W8.1 and Chrome.

I did another reset -- no joy.

I looked at firmware version -- up to date.

I checked the browser''s proxy and dhcp settings -- they''re good.

I tried another computer (mine W8.1, that one W7) -- no luck.

I tried different browsers (Chrome, IE11)-- same result.

I connected an ethernet cable and ran ipconfig -- no default gateway address.

I have an HDD connected to the router and can see that on my network.

I took the 87U off the network, ran another hard reset and connected via ethernet. Now ipconfig shows 192.168.1.1 as the router's address. I can ping it successfully.

It shows up in "network" in file explorer with the same ip in "properties." However, when I double-click it I get "It is not possible to disconnect at this time. The connection is currently busy with a connect or disconnect operation."

Likewise, when I try to access the admin page from my browser I get a "No data received" message.

Is there anyway I can reload the firmware without accessing the admin page?

Any other ideas about how to fix this problem?

Hi,
You can do TFTP since you can ping it. Don't try too many different things at once, Stay with one PC or laptop and restart it, clear browser cache, power off and on the router and see.

When you do a 30-30-30 reset on an ASUS router, you're essentially putting it in recovery mode. So don't do any more 30-30-30 resets on ASUS routers....for future reference.

Search the forum (or your manual) to learn how to load firmware from recovery mode. The key to recovery mode is patience.

Thanks for the information. Looking into it. Interestingly, I was directed to do that by Asus support.

When you do a 30-30-30 reset on an ASUS router, you're essentially putting it in recovery mode. So don't do any more 30-30-30 resets on ASUS routers....for future reference.

Search the forum (or your manual) to learn how to load firmware from recovery mode. The key to recovery mode is patience.

I went through the Rescue / Firmware Restoration process twice and still get the "It is not possible to disconnect at this time. The connection is currently busy with a connect or disconnect operation."

And, after looking into tftp, I'm afraid I might do something in the process to void the warranty.

Thanks to all for your help. At this point, I'm just going to RMA the router. If anything changes I'll re-post. At least I've learned a couple of things.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!