What's new

Unable to enable Ethernet Backhaul in XT12

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

msilva

New Around Here
Hello,

I'm having issues enabling Ethernet Backhaul in XT12 APs using Powerline. Contacted ASUS support, but they were unable to help.

Setup:
- AP1: XT12 connected to Ethernet switch
- AP2: XT12 connected to AiMesh wireless backhaul (trying to connect to a Powerline Devolo Magic 2 connected to same Ethernet switch)

Symptoms:
- AiMesh works fine
- When I try to connect AP2 to the Devolo Powerline, and go to the setup in AP1 to try to enable Ethernet backhaul, it throws the error: "The following node(s) are not connected with an Ethernet cable currently."
- The Powerline is working, I connect it to a laptop and works perfectly
- Sometimes when trying different Ethernet ports in AP2, I get the feeling I'm creating a network loop and my entire network grinds to a halt (it might be AP2 feedbacking the wireless backhaul into the Powerline?)

Questions:
- Haas anyone experienced these issues with wireless backhaul and Powerline?
- Are there specific ports I should use for Ethernet backhaul to work?
- Is it possible that some ports might be creating a network loop? (Is there anyway to enable STP in the XT12?)

Thanks!

Mike

Is the switch a managed switch? If so the Ethernet backhaul will not work. Connect the node WAN port directly to a router LAN port.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!