What's new

Unbound Unbound stopped working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

folfox

Occasional Visitor
Hi All,

For some reason after I updated Unbound, I keep getting his error whenever I try to start it.
1725722692798.png

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall but I still get stuck here and I'm not sure what else I can do. Has anyone else run into this? 'r1' doesn't seem to be a valid command.

I get this when I try option 1 and update files/config:

1725723179198.png

Last edited:
Hi All,

For some reason after I updated Unbound, I keep getting his error whenever I try to start it.
View attachment 61363

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall but I still get stuck here and I'm not sure what else I can do. Has anyone else run into this? 'r1' doesn't seem to be a valid command.

View attachment 61364
Sometimes this happens when there's an entware update available...I doubt there's one but check thru amtm and hit "u" command to check for any available updates. Sometimes it can be that the USB drive might be going bad.

Hi All,

View attachment 61363

View attachment 61364
The command is rl [R 'ell' ..... it means 'reload configuration']

I have had issues with Unbound updating, on & off.
(Sometime it works ... but mainly it does not, never solved the issue ???!!!)

>>> =================================================================================== <<<
>>> When all else fails: <=== This is the official warning !!! <<<
>>> THIS WILL *TOTALLY* REMOVE UNBOUND FROM YOUR ROUTER SUFFICIENT TO ALLOW A REINSTALL <<<

>>> =================================================================================== <<<

ssh into your router

[Use 'Xshell from NetSarang Computer Inc' it is easier. Available for free for Home use. No ... I am not paid to advertise :) ]
[Alternatively use 'WinSCP' from 'winscp.net' which gives you a file manager like Multi-window interface ... Still not being paid :) ]

cd to /opt/share
Delete directory 'unbound'

cd to /opt/var/lib

cd to /jffs/addons

Reinstall unbound from 'amtm'

Last edited: