What's new

BACKUPMON BackupMon Failing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It's worked twice after reboot, so I'm thinking that solved something, but should it crop up again, I'll add it...still puzzled by the manual vs automatic discrepancy...I also changed the time for the auto backup, maybe it was colliding with something, since I had timed it just before midnight...

On the successful auto backups, the errors referencing vnstat are not present...FYI
Sometimes you definitely need to take a collective look at all your cron jobs ( command: cru l ) to see when they all might kick off in order to make an educated guess on when to best kick off a backup job. Even then, you might sometimes run into other interference...

Two mornings now without the failure email. I'm not counting my eggs just yet, but I'm optomistic. To recap, I'm back to 1.8.15, with both backupmon and spdmerlin back on original timings.
It's not a fix though, it's a mitigation.

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!