What's new

Updated firmware on R7000 to XVortex 360.64 or 66 from 360.62 and no 5GHz or Internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gkasica

Occasional Visitor
I just updated the firmware on my R7000 from XVortex 360.62 to 360.64 with the trx file and after that it refused to connect via internet on Wireless. Ethernet wired was fine. I thought I'd then go with the latest release 360.66 and that got the internet back but no 5GHz radio channel will come up even though the screen shows it active it doesn't show on anything iphone, ipad, notebook. SO I went back to the 360.62 thinkiing I'd get the thing back to working order...ummm..no. Still no 5GHz channel. I'm stumped. I've rebooted and power cycled between each update. What do I do here?
Do I go back to Netgear Stock Firmwear (and what is the current rev and where do I get it/how to apply it?) Can I get back to XVortex then? I need the TimeMachine Feature.

I just updated the firmware on my R7000 from XVortex 360.62 to 360.64 with the trx file and after that it refused to connect via internet on Wireless. Ethernet wired was fine. I thought I'd then go with the latest release 360.66 and that got the internet back but no 5GHz radio channel will come up even though the screen shows it active it doesn't show on anything iphone, ipad, notebook. SO I went back to the 360.62 thinkiing I'd get the thing back to working order...ummm..no. Still no 5GHz channel. I'm stumped. I've rebooted and power cycled between each update. What do I do here?
Do I go back to Netgear Stock Firmwear (and what is the current rev and where do I get it/how to apply it?) Can I get back to XVortex then? I need the TimeMachine Feature.

Check out this site for Xvortex stuff.

Yes that's the procedure I followed - for upgrade. I also tried .67 with similar results to .66 no internet or 5Ghz. Sorry forgot to mention it above. I initially went from 62 to 67 then 64 to 66. Then back to 62. The only ones that had internet were 62 and 66 none now have 5Ghz. The odd thing is wired is fine. Just wireless is an issue.

Do you think saving the settings and then reverting to NETGEAR firmware defaults and then reflashing would be worth an effort or is something else up?

The procedure for initial flashing:
1. Reset your router to factory defaults via the web interface.
2. Flash the R7000_xxx.xx_x.chk file via the web interface.
3. Do another factory reset via the new web interface.
4. Configure everything else.

To upgrade FW:
1. Reboot your router via the web interface or power cycle.
2. Flash the R7000_xxx.xx_x.trx file via the web interface.
3. Check new options and configure everything else.

Download links:
Latest XWRT for R7000 is here

Link to the "back to stock" firmware (v1.0.3.80_1.1.38) is here.
More recent version (v1.0.9.26_10.2.31) for NG build is here.

Important: If You want to go away from XWRT back to Tomato or DD-WRT you MUST first flash the "back to stock" firmware image, or you will brick your router.

After that you can flash Netgrear STOCK FW again.
Stock FW download here

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!