What's new

Updated on Its own

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

EuphoricUniverse

New Around Here
Hey guys. My router randomly ran some kernel commands and rebooted. Following this it showed what looks like the firmware was being flashed in the logs. Is this normal ? Here’s logs right before it started.

IMG_3696.jpeg

More info required... What router model? What firmware? what Addons (if any)? Etc.

Stock firmware can auto update if you have it enabled. And yes that would be normal and cause the router to reboot.
Merlin Firmware will only auto-update if you go out of your way to install the MerlinAU addon from AMTM.

More info required... What router model? What firmware? what Addons (if any)? Etc.

Stock firmware can auto update if you have it enabled. And yes that would be normal and cause the router to reboot.
Merlin Firmware will only auto-update if you go out of your way to install the MerlinAU addon from AMTM.
Model is RT-AX86U Pro
AsusWRT-Merlin 3004.388.8_2
No addons

This is how the logs look now after a reset. These logs are the same logs that appeared before, but I didn’t update or flash anything new at that time so I’m unsure why these logs would have appeared then. Is that normal?

This is a new flash after a reset because I found a similar issue that recommended a reset.

Attachments

• syslog 4.txt
    282.9 KB · Views: 0