What's new

upgrade question RT-66u AC 1750 to AX86 PRO or 88 PRO??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Try a bit more accurate information, please. Otherwise the is no way to help you.

RT-AX86U Pro or RT-AX88U Pro? I was under impression you have ordered RT-AX88U Pro.
Sorry router is new Rt+86u Pro .
I can't connect to Asus app as there is no Internet connection to the router.
Try a bit more accurate information, please. Otherwise the is no way to help you.

RT-AX86U Pro or RT-AX88U Pro? I was under impression you have ordered RT-AX88U Pro.
Yes , sorry. The router is RT-86u Pro. Bought from ASUS web site.

Yes new RT-86u Pro.
I can't connect to Asus as there is no Internet connection

You have to do the initial setup first. There is no Internet connection before that and the WAN port will be red.

Yes I am trying to do the initial setup. I did set it up with wifi name and password etc. but never connected to Internet.

Sorry I'll be off line again for a while. Not to get personal but I am having some health issues at this time and having difficulty.
I'll get to this tomorrow.

Thanks for your help

Wow, am I ever embarrassed,,!
101 trouble shooting is replace the cable!
Who would have thought a bad cable cat5 from ASUS!
Setup issue solved...for now.
After a few days I would like how to's on preferred settings for basic home but with security features set.
Thanks for your help Tech9. Really appreciate you,!!

Glad you have resolved the unexpected problem. 👍

Settings - explore the firmware options for now, we'll keep it simple after.

Glad you have resolved the unexpected problem. 👍

Settings - explore the firmware options for now, we'll keep it simple after.
Thanks again. I jut r=read my post. I never did get the router name correct I always left off the AX... that is important information to have.
RT-AX86u Pro

My speed is very slow around 47 to 55 MBPS. I have setting combined 2.5 and 5G together. Maybe I should separate them.
I guess when they are combined you can't tell if you are connected to 5G or 2.5.

Something to do tomorrow. I guess

What is your ISP speed?

I usually advice disabling Smart Connect, but you have under 10 devices and it may work well for you.

For wireless settings you can use this example:

Or leave everything at Default and just select fixed channels and channel bandwidth. May be good enough.

Who would have thought a bad cable cat5 from ASUS!

Me. I always make a point of receiving/commissioning the whole out-of-box kit. If a new cable is going to malfunction, I want to find it then while I'm vetting the new gear, not throw it in a spares box untested and trip over it later when I'll least suspect it. So I keep each router kit together over time.

OE