What's new

URL-Fliter limit??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tsunami2311

Like the title says is there limit to how many urls I can put in there before it becomes detrimental to the router? I have started the process of filtering out streaming sites. up to about 35+ and was wonder if to many will cause an issue?

If would at somepoint I will do this threw opendns url blocking but that requires me to keep updating my ip on there end

Like the title says is there limit to how many urls I can put in there before it becomes detrimental to the router? I have started the process of filtering out streaming sites. up to about 35+ and was wonder if to many will cause an issue?

If would at somepoint I will do this threw opendns url blocking but that requires me to keep updating my ip on there end

How about opendns and no-ip?

Look into using IPSET instead. I think there is an example in the wiki.

Last edited:
I want it to just terminate like the site dont existent or is down. using opendns has no option to silently block the site, the Url-Filter just terminates that connection like it dont exist or is down.

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Disable-Windows-10-tracking

And this dont explain how to MAKE said txt file that is needed to use the scripts or how to make the other scripts even when i follower all the stuff in the code box exactly how they was posted there it did nothing which why i never bother.

Last edited:
side question in system log>connection I gathering that just show IP's and not the name of the site? cause I only ever seen it show ip's if it showed names I could use that to find which sites i need to block instead broadly blocking them.

OK. Well, I like the ipset idea. I use iptables to drop packets from certain IPs or MACs. There's probably a way to specify destination addresses, although I'm not sure you will get DNS resolution.

Another way is to use WFilter. It also uses a blocking page, but the page is customizable. I suppose you could create a blank page or something like that.

I see them. but back to my original question is there limit to how many i can put in there and will it be detrimental to router performance if to much is block there.