What's new

USB Printing problem?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Quiptix

Occasional Visitor
I'm not sure it the firmware I use, but I discovered that none of the devices in the network can print to the Samsung USB Laserprinter.

What I have so far:
Reconnect USB cables
Full reboot of all devices
Reinstall drivers on Mac
Recreated printer queues on Mac

The log shows it connects the printer, however nothing is sent when printer through de LPRServer queue.
On the client side it seems to get stuck on "Connected to printer"

Anybody some pointers? Similar issues?

Printer lost after a while

i have familiar issue with Samsung laser printer, it was working a few firmware versions ago, but not with the latest firmwares dating this year.

After router reboot, the printer works and after a while the conneted computer does not see the printer as connected, rather as disconnected, and I noticed some errors in the system log of my router

Mar 13 20:53:18 syslog: usb_control_msg() in return: -22

This error message is repeated a few thousand times continously, few times every second, as long as my computer is powered on.

In teh WebGUI it indicated that the printer is connected to usb, enabled and on line, but in Windows it stays as disconnected and offline.

I need to reboot the router, so that the printer changes status to connected sand I can print again.

Router RT-N66U, fw 374.40 merlin build, problem exists and with fw 39.0
Printer SAMSUNG ML-1670 laser printer, connected directly at router USB port.

Is there any solution ?

I'm not sure it the firmware I use, but I discovered that none of the devices in the network can print to the Samsung USB Laserprinter.

What I have so far:
Reconnect USB cables
Full reboot of all devices
Reinstall drivers on Mac
Recreated printer queues on Mac

The log shows it connects the printer, however nothing is sent when printer through de LPRServer queue.
On the client side it seems to get stuck on "Connected to printer"

Anybody some pointers? Similar issues?

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue, Samsung laser printer. Works if I reboot the router but then stops working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk