What's new

Using sing-box on Asus routers with Merlin firmware.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I did it. To install and configure sing-box, simply run this command in the router console:
Code:
wget -O /jffs/scripts/sing-box_script-install https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Dr4tez/sing-box4asus/main/sing-box_script-install && chmod 775 /jffs/scripts/sing-box_script-install && /jffs/scripts/sing-box_script-install
Please read the attached readme file first.
Great job! And thanks for sharing!

I saw that you managed to work around the deletion of routes when exiting the shell by letting the router system start it. Perhaps the up/down of the interface during shell exit is something you could feedback to whoever wrote this sing-box application?

Great job! And thanks for sharing!

I saw that you managed to work around the deletion of routes when exiting the shell by letting the router system start it. Perhaps the up/down of the interface during shell exit is something you could feedback to whoever wrote this sing-box application?
I didn't understand what I was able to get around that could be reported to the sing-box developer. I think that the sing-box developer is not interested in such things in principle. He has created and is developing an excellent application for many platforms. I, with the help of chatGPT, just wrote a script that allows us to use its huge potential on our routers with Merlin firmware. There are only a couple of minor flaws in this script that perhaps real programmers can fix.

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!