What's new

VPN director configuration for qBittorrent

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

goldnet

New Around Here
Hello,

My goal is to have qBittorent bind to an IP address which will route everything through the OpenVPN client of the router.

Everything seems configured right but qBittorent logs this error: "Failed to find the configured network address to listen on. Address: "10.0.0.111"

I greatly appreciate your help to get this working.

1729033684526.png

1729033719676.png

Attachments

• 1729033568394.png
    1729033568394.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 6
In your example the address 10.0.0.111 would be the address of a network adapter on your PC. That implies that your router's LAN subnet is something like 10.0.0.0/24. Is that the case?

So does your PC have a network adapter with an address of 10.0.0.111 ?

BTW Using a local subnet of 10.0.x.y is generally a bad idea as that will conflict with many of the IP addresses used by commercial VPN companies like NordVPN, etc.

In your example the address 10.0.0.111 would be the address of a network adapter on your PC. That implies that your router's LAN subnet is something like 10.0.0.0/24. Is that the case?
This is my router LAN config
1729035303525.png

So does your PC have a network adapter with an address of 10.0.0.111 ?

BTW Using a local subnet of 10.0.x.y is generally a bad idea as that will conflict with many of the IP addresses used by commercial VPN companies like NordVPN, etc.

No my PC does not have a network adapter with the address 10.0.0.111

I thought qBittorrent will connect to the VPN client on the router using this IP

I only want the torrent traffic to go through the VPN and not anything else on the PC.