What's new

VPN/DNS Leak Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LexLuthor

Regular Contributor
Hello,

I have an Asus RT-AC66 running Merlin 378.56_2

When I run a DNS Leak test, it's only seeing OpenDNS servers, not my VPN's DNS (mostly google servers they use).

I am connected to my VPN Unlimited account. I have Accept DNS Configuration as Strict and Redirect Internet Traffic set to policy rules with 2 rules 192.168.1.0/24 going to VPN and 192.168.1.2 (my VoIP phone) going to WAN. I have block routed clients if tunnel goes down to Yes.

In WAN settings, I have connect to DNS server automatically to No and have 2 OpenDNS servers populated there.

How come it's not getting my VPN's DNS? Must be missing something. I know VPN Unlimited will hand out DNS servers, I had it set up that way on another router.

How come it's not getting my VPN's DNS? Must be missing something. I know VPN Unlimited will hand out DNS servers, I had it set up that way on another router.
Hi,

What about the option "Accept DNS Configuration"? You have there several levels to set for the VPN provider DNS handling... :confused:
Maybe one of them will do what you want to have done! :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool: