What's new

VPN & Prime Videos

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

But what is the difference between doing this and setting the DNS address at the WAN?
I ask because I've used Surfshark and Nordvpn DNS addresses in the WAN which would impact every device, not?
But, that still doesn't work. Amazon will still detect my vpn.
I have not tried that scenario but I have a smart TV which I use Nord VPN on and in VPN Director I use the Custom DNSFilter with Nord DNS and have no problem watching Prime, iPlayer etc. If I go through Cloudflare or Google DNS it detects Nord.

I just found out there's a Surfshark vpn app for the firestick haha... installed on the firestick, connected.. no more vpn error message.
I can't believe I didn't check before about the app at Amazon store.

So then is this setting ok to leave as is permanent. This is only so I can use DnsMasq as well...just want to make sure it won't cause any issues down the road.
dns config.jpg

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!