What's new

WEB GUI problem Windows 8.1 IE 11 and other

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pepeEL

Banned
Hello
I have a router RT-AC68U with Merlin soft. But on merlin and oryginall soft i have a problem... WEB GUI works very slow and sometimes didnt display and i must refresh browser F5. I check this on Internet Explorer 11 and latest Chrome Browser.

On Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 10 i have not a problem.

Please help me...

Thanks

Which router firmware?

Did you do a proper reset to defaults of the router after flashing between the firmware versions?

Yes... on rt-ac68u is problem and on my back rt-ac66u i have the same problem. Maybe this problem is windows 8.1 ?

Not for the RT-AC66U and my Windows 8.1 laptops.

It may be your antivirus - try disabling it as a test (sometimes, disabling is not enough - you may have to uninstall it completely to see if the problem is the A/V).

No this is not antivirus. When i disable antivirus i have still problem.

Wysłane z mojego SM-T311 przy użyciu Tapatalka

I have no problem here with either IE11 or Chrome under Windows 8.1. This is most likely related to your security suite. What do you have installed on this 8.1 system?

Last edited:
No this is not antivirus. When i disable antivirus i have still problem.

Wysłane z mojego SM-T311 przy użyciu Tapatalka

As I noted; some A/V packages need to be uninstalled completely - disabling them is not the same as they still have some process or other setting running.

Try viewing in "Compatibility" mode in IE 11. (Alt+t, b). Close IE, then go back to the router's web interface.

Or, if IE is set to "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" (Alt+t, b see the check box), un-check it and try again (close IE first).

Last edited:
WOW - Freaking AVG Antivirus...What a piece of crap.

Or may it is a combination of Win8.1/IE11 and AVG.

Virus REMOVED (hmmm...I meant AVG)

My issues were similar with slow loading, locking, freezing, etc. and maybe at some points, it was part of my internet disconnect too.

I have ESET NOD32 on my work computer (latest) and disabling it improved my experience but didn't fix it completely...pages would tend to load forever, even after displaying. I added the IP to the whitelist and didn't really have a different experience (I may have done it wrong).

Forcing the Asus administration window to HTTPS via the settings, however, completely solved my issue.

People may be getting confused between ESET anti-virus and the internet security suite. I have the former (v7) and do not have any issues at all.
N66U - Merlin's firmware RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.36_beta1-sdk5.

DrTeeth,

The issue with your setup is the old firmware you're using.

You need something much more current and more secure. ;)

DrTeeth,

The issue with your setup is the old firmware you're using.

You need something much more current and more secure. ;)
The issue was around well before my current firmware became 'old' IIRC ;).

I shall take the plunge to update to my first SDK6 (N66U) firmware once the current 374.40 Beta series ends. It is the having to re-enter all my settings from scratch that stops me from upgrading as much as I could.

As I noted; some A/V packages need to be uninstalled completely - disabling them is not the same as they still have some process or other setting running.

Pepe, L&LD and Merlin are right. I'm running Windows 8.1 and NOD32 ver 6. I still had the problem even after temporarily disabling it, so I looked elsewhere. After banging my head on many other possibilities, I went ahead and "whitelisted" the router's IP in NOD32 and bingo - problem solved.

In NOD32 ver 6, it's at Setup/Enter Advanced Setup/Web and email/Protocol filtering/Excluded IP addresses. Add the router's IP there.

v 7 has been out for a good few months. Free upgrade too.