What's new

Western Digital My Net AC1300 vs Asus RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

UndyingShadow

New Around Here
I bought a Western Digital My Net AC1300 that's running entirely in AP mode (I have a router with tomato that doesn't need to be messed with)

It was cheap (100 bucks) and I bought it with an office depot gift card I had. After dispensing with the WD AC bridge that was a POS, and putting in the PCE-AC68, I'm getting a solid 60MBps doing file copies.

I'm trying to decide if I should return the WD and get the fancy new AC68 when it comes out. I'd end up paying a whole lot more for it (and couldn't use the gift card since Office Depot doesn't seem to be carrying it anytime soon,) and I don't really intend to actually use it as a router or plug anything into its' USB.

Thoughts from owners of either the WD or the RT-AC68U (or owners of the RT-AC66U since it's actually out?)

It sounds like your cheap router is working fine for you so why would you buy a more expensive router?

You should buy a router based on your needs. If you don't need a fancy router, don't buy it.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!