What's new

What device for home AP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elektryk

New Around Here
I am looking for AP to use in home network. I have already installed linux server which works like router and NAS, and gigabit switch. I won't change this devices, I just want to change old 802.11bg AP for something faster. I am thinking about dual band router with at least 300Mbs bandwith at each band. I know that these 300Mbps is just theoretical, but I have already two laptops which can support up to this speed. Of course it would be nice to have 450Mbps or more just for future devices. I have compared prices of real dedicated APs and high performace multimedia router, and it seems that second have lower prices. But I still could not decide which one to buy.
I think RT-N66U will be my best choice, but it still hard to buy. Any other suggestions, is E4200 worth of buying?