What's new

What do you guys think about this thing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Depends on you use case. Putting a modem into it and the 2.5GE port make sense if you get those speeds from your provider. For $50 it's a decent price. To get higher speeds though you'll need more antennas for MIMO or CA.

Considering I can swap the 5G module to even the 510Q in the future, my thoughts are to have a mobile solution while traveling Europe wiht two different providers.

I am getting this for some minimal future proofing.

What are your thoughts considering its an unknown barebone product?

with RM500Q it comes up to 250EURO, if I want the 510Q it goes up to 320 euro

I don't see that product as 'trustworthy' enough to put in my network. Particularly at those prices.

my thoughts are to have a mobile solution while traveling Europe

My mobile solution when travelling Europe is my phone with proper data plan working everywhere in the EU. Your phone perhaps also has built in tethering, Wi-Fi hotspot or both. Outside of EU you have to research local wireless data options. You won't get 2.5Gbps Internet and you don't need it unless you are a YouTuber uploading HD videos daily. You also don't need wireless data 100% of the time unless you sleep in an RV.

unknown barebone
Most of these enclosures are. It comes down to the components and solder.

They're handy for making something better than ISP provided options in some cases.

Phones works well though too but, the plans tend to have a cap even the unlimited options top out at 40gb.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!