What's new

What is the cost of 1gb plans in your country

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Interesting the bump... CoxHSI is close w/500Gbit, but with a 1.25 TB/month cap at $59 right now...

CoxHSI has done a limited offering for existing subscribers - 500 down/50 up for $49USD with no bandwidth CAP on a 2-year contract extension as long as you have a DOCSIS 3.1 modem (either as a rental or purchased).

A year ago, it was hard to find rates from Cox like this - I attribute this to both T-Mobile and Verizon offering 5G Fixed Wireless access in our market - before that, the only competition in my area was ATT DSL for 100/10 as the best package available in my local area and that was at a premium price - 120/month for broadband and dialtone, but you could bundle DirecTV and Wireless/Mobile for a bit of a discount...

Anyways - talking with friends in the UK, Germany, Japan, and Taiwan (ROC) - they're astounded when we compare Broadband/Wireless/TV combined rates - and they generally have better service levels/tiers.

I'm paying 2 to 3 times their given rates - I think here in the US, we're probably second only to Canada for combined services...

$80 - 1250/1250 FTTH; no data cap

or

$60 - 1100/30 docsis; no data cap

Spectrum high split symmetrical speeds finally went live at my address. Had to get their free cable modem to replace my Arris SB8200 but that's not a big deal. I'm getting 500/500 for $49.99 and the 2 cell phone lines for $29.99 promo($15 each) for 1 year. I can bump it to 1Gbps for $10 more per month but it isn't necessary to me for now.
1719241242748.png

Ziggo , main investor/holding , Liberty Global
netherlands
internet and tv
around 90 euros

coax /docsis 3.1
168Mhz wide OFDM channel
1719406075359.png

new
32Mhz wide OFDMA
1719406112015.png

sagemcom F3896/ virgin media hub in bridge mode,asus gt-ax11000 pro

1719406031776.png

Spectrum high split symmetrical speeds finally went live at my address. Had to get their free cable modem to replace my Arris SB8200 but that's not a big deal. I'm getting 500/500 for $49.99 and the 2 cell phone lines for $29.99 promo($15 each) for 1 year. I can bump it to 1Gbps for $10 more per month but it isn't necessary to me for now.

Interesting that Spectrum can do 500 symmetric over DOCSIS, but that's cool...

I'm still in a location where I can get 1000/10 or 500/50 for the same price, so uplink is more important to me with CoxHSI...

What's fun w/CoxHSI - they do put more emphasis on Downlink as their "Gigablast" offer...

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!