What's new

What's with 5ghz? Nothing I own uses it...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I know...wish there was more focus on testing and bug fixing. I'm always amazed and seeing one model router come out and see the various bugs on it, then usually they get fixed then they bring out another model router and either similar bugs are seen or entirely new bugs are seen. You figure that Mfr would learn from the prior developments that bugs would be come less as models are progressed. Especially using the same FW base code and features.

To experienced uses like you, yes. But the majority of consumers can't properly manage their networks.

You're going to see more efforts like this. Smart Connect was a start. Qualcomm's Wi-Fi SON is the next step. Consumer networking vendors are finally recognizing that multi-AP networks are needed.

SmartConnect is a good start - it's a devilish problem that it's trying to solve, as every situation is different - I've heard that Broadcom's second iteration is a bit better than the first round...

Curious to see what QC-Atheros has planned, as Qualcomm has been very active in small cell technology for LTE...

Curious to see what QC-Atheros has planned, as Qualcomm has been very active in small cell technology for LTE...
I meant to say in the CES 2016 wrapup that the first product using Wi-Fi SON is the D-Link kit announced.

Of course, in the fine tradition of consumer networking marketing, there is no mention of the underlying technology. But it was clear in the meeting it was Wi-Fi SON.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!