What's new

Which Merlin version for Asus AC1750?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ruasonid

Regular Contributor
I have an AC1750 and would like to install Merlin. The AC1750 (which I got on a clearance) will replace an RT N66U. I will set up a LAN to LAN VPN between the AC1750 and a RT N66U at the other end. Which Merlin version should I use (I cannot see a specific listing for the AC1750 on the site but guess it is similar hardware to the RT N66U)?

There's no such model, AC1750 is a speed class, not a valid router model. What is the exact model number for your router?

Thanks much. Have just updated my RT N66U to the latest Merlin (380.59) but the RT-AC66U is not liking it. Its currently on Asus 3.0.0.4.380_3264-g79f6bde.

I downloaded a couple of time so pretty sure its not an error with the package.

Any suggestions, or should I just try and earlier version?

Tried 58 and 57 but no luck there either.

Tried the Asus check and it says I'm using the latest version of the current (Asus) firmware

Last edited:
Thanks much. Have just updated my RT N66U to the latest Merlin (380.59) but the RT-AC66U is not liking it. Its currently on Asus 3.0.0.4.380_3264-g79f6bde.

I downloaded a couple of time so pretty sure its not an error with the package.

Any suggestions, or should I just try and earlier version?

Tried 58 and 57 but no luck there either.

Tried the Asus check and it says I'm using the latest version of the current (Asus) firmware

Read the sticky posts in this forum.

Wonder if we can append the thread title - folks might think there's a new model in the line-up rather than the actual device being discussed...

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!