What's new

Windows 11 version 24H2 and Samba protocol.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

postoronnim-v

Occasional Visitor
After updating to Windows 11 version 24H2, the ability to connect via the Samba protocol has disappeared. The changelog indicates protocol changes. What are the options to restore access? It is not advisable to use the Samba V1 protocol, as I understand?

And before the update it didn't bother you? If SMB works only within your internal network, then I don't see a problem.

And before the update it didn't bother you?
I was not embarrassed by the use of the HTTP protocol at the time))
I followed the recommendations given in your link. But this did not lead to the restoration of access via the Samba protocol. Moreover, I reinstalled the system again, but access via the Samba protocol is impossible. There is access from other devices (Windows 11 H23, Android). Enabling the Samba V1 protocol also does not lead to success. Any other ideas?

You can try disabling SMB V3/2 protocol. Just remember to restart the system after making changes. Check out my link in that thread.
I don't have Windows 11 on hand right now, so I can't check these changes myself. So treat my posts as just tips and not ready-made solutions.