What's new

Windows Network Bridge resets router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rlj2

I have a Asus 86u as my main router in the house with Merlin installed. works perfect.
I have a old linksys ac3200 (Gargoyle installed) in my barn about 100' feet from house connected to it as a wireless repeater.
The signal is so so.. i can also hit the asus so so. I have two wifi cards on my computer, so
I discovered that i can bridge them with windows networking. One connected to the linksys, one connected to the asus.
For a few minutes my speeds are almost exactly same as i get in my home.
But then, the router starts resetting.. like every 5 mins.
Any clues?

You have created a network loop. That's bad.

Asus connects to PC and repeater.
PC connects to Asus and Linksys .
Linksys connects to PC and Asus.

This also happens if I make both wifi cards connect to just the Asus, is that a difference?

ok, i have another router i could hook straight to the modem, then connect to each router.. If im understanding correctly that wouldnt be a loop.

Thank you ColinTaylor

That depends. I think you'll have to draw a diagram for us to understand what you're proposing.

Regarding your modem - If it is just a modem then normally you can only connect one device to it (typically a WiFi router). On the other hand, if your "modem" is really a combination modem + router then it depends on how it is configured.

But why are you trying to connect two WiFi cards on one PC to two routers situated in the same location?