What's new

Wireless bridge/access point replacement for Dlink DAP-1522

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

howie411

Regular Contributor
I'm looking to get a replacement for my Dlink DAP-1522, its been nothing but problems. My current router is a Netgear 3700 but I don't need to stick with Netgear.

I need it to have at least 2 wired ports on the back and support Wireless n 2.4 and 5 ghz and preferably a small unit about the same size as the Dap-1522

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I'm looking to get a replacement for my Dlink DAP-1522, its been nothing but problems. My current router is a Netgear 3700 but I don't need to stick with Netgear.

I need it to have at least 2 wired ports on the back and support Wireless n 2.4 and 5 ghz and preferably a small unit about the same size as the Dap-1522

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Have you updated the firmware on the DAP1522? Does the 3700 have AP mode feature in Web Gui?

Yep the firmware has been updated on the DAP-1522, I'm not sure about the AP on the router, why would that matter?

Yep the firmware has been updated on the DAP-1522, I'm not sure about the AP on the router, why would that matter?

I was wondering if such a feature was on there. Then if it was there you could buy another one and use it as AP to match the performance of your router in routing speed. I know it's a lot to purchased. Two brands of the same suit works better then mixes brands. But again this depends on what brands your using together. DAP should be okay but what type of issues are you getting with it?

What has been the issue with the DAP1522 units? I'm currently using eight of them. I have four setup as APs and four setup as bridges. They have worked flawlessly and can be quickly setup. I've been running several of them 24/7/365 for around three years with no issues.