What's new

Wireless point to point

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rob Dean

New Around Here
Hi All

I currently have a Asus RT-AC66U (main router, handles DHCP etc) that feeds via ethernet to a TP-Link TL-WA901N/ND v3 which runs Gargoyle in AP mode. This feeds (via wireless) a TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v1 which also runs Gargoyle in bridge mode (repeater disabled). Connected to this via ethernet is a NAS and a Linksys router that functions as an AP so that the two TP links run a dedicated link with no other clients connected via wireless.. There is maybe 20 meters between the two TP links, 1 brick wall and some foliage. Signal strength however always seems good. I can't run ethernet between them. The TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v1 intermittently locks up and is unreachable (a known fault with V1 of this model of router from what I have read, did it with stock firmware as well). Any suggestions as to what to replace it with?

Here is is .....

Attachments

• Untitled Diagram.png
    Untitled Diagram.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 367
If they're all behind the same Electrical Meter, is HomePlug an option?