What's new

WNDR3700 date & time

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iugrifma

Occasional Visitor
Hi !
Can anyone help me with a small issue I have with my WNDR3700, I use it as an AP, but it constantly shows the wrong date & time (Jan 2000!!).
I've looked through the setup menus and cannot find any manual settings to set the date & time and the user manual only states that the device uses NTP and should the time state Jan 2000 then the device has not yet successfully sync'd with one of its pre-programmed time servers.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might get the thing to either sync OR set the time from an LAN based NTP service instead of the preprogrammed ones (whatever they are?)?

Thanks for any help!

Griffo.

Thanks for your feedback thiggins, is there no way of routing such a request through the device's LAN port(s) [and therefore off to the live gateway] rather than pointing it at the WAN port ?
Sill question coming up: what do you think would happen if I linked the WAN port to one of the LAN ports by cable ??

No way that I know of.

Who knows. Go ahead and try it.

Seems curious - I have the same problem as well...you'd think one could at least set the date manually. My only disappointment so far with the device.

I have a similar problem and mine even connected to the WAN but the time seems to be off, for the God's sake why no manual time setting? Where do I even look for the time setting on that thing :)

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!