What's new

WNDR3700 NAS issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tdri

New Around Here
Bought one of these a month or so ago. Great device but I have an issue in that the USB connected hard drive seems to disappear after a week or so, requiring a reboot of the router to make it show up again. Anyone else seen this? I talked to netgear support and they didn't offer any help. Thanks.

Are you sing a Seagate or Maxtor USB disk? If so, disable spindown using the Seagate management tool.

Also upgrade your WNDR3700 to the latest firmware.

Last, some people claim that certain hardware revisions of the 3700 are more susceptible to problems like you are describing. You can read more about it here: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=52714&page=27

Take some of the forum posts with a grain of salt. People visit forums to complain, rarely to give accolades.

It's a WD drive. I'm running the latest firmware. Thanks for the link - seems like a common issue - guess i'll have wait for the next firmware release...