What's new

Xbox 360 Live Connection Problems - Errors 80070525 & 80072741, ICMP mentioned

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ManiacMatt

New Around Here
Guys,

I would really appreciate any help you can give me.

I am on Virgin Media broadband 200mb gamer package in the UK. I use the superhub 3 in modem mode connected by ethernet to a Asus AC66U router. All of my consoles are wired. My router is on the latest version of Merlin's firmware 380.64_2.

My Xbox One, PS4, PS3 chromecasts etc. work perfect.

My 360 used to work perfectly fine and I have not changed any router settings. I haven't used it in a while as I've been playing my X1 and PS4 but a couple weeks back I decided to boot up the 360.

The 360 wanted to apply an update 2.0.17511.0 released in November 2016 but could not download the update. I thought this was weird so updating by downloading the update to a USB stick on my laptop.

Both my live account and my wifes would not let me sign in so I followed the advice given on the internet by deleted the profiles from the xbox, clearing the cache, clearing the wired internet settings and power cycling the xbox.

I then tried to download the profiles again from live which did not work as the 360 advised that profiles cannot currently be downloaded. Over the last couple of weeks I have tried resetting the router/modem etc. and at some point I was able to completely download my wife's account which I can now sign into fine.

I cannot however download my profile and I have had errors 80070525 & 80072741 shown.

I have spoken to my ISP who have said there is no error there end - I believe this as my X1, PS4 etc. work fine.

I am extremely frustrated here and would like any help that can be given.

I have tried testing the 360 network option which connects through to xbox live fine - I would note however over the last couple of weeks sometimes this has failed to have a tick next to both internet and xbox live. However this test is now definitely working the whole way through.

Thanks

Matt

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!