What's new

XT12 and ET12 for Mesh? Cant Find XT12

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bushwacked

New Around Here
Hello,

I had the XT12 dual node setup, 1 went to crap so ASUS replaced it with 2 ET12's because XT12s were out of stock and they said it would be a month + ... Obviously I did not want to wait that long, so I downgraded.

However, before I wiped the XT12 that was setup as the router, I tried to add 1 of the ET12s as a node, it found, but failed 5 times in a row adding it at about 20-25% mark. Just popped up a general error of could not connect or whatever, nothing really to go on. So, in the time crunch I was in to get the house wifi back up and running, I installed the ET12's, however this time when I try to at the XT12 node to the mesh, it does not even find it.

So my question is ... should these 2 systems not be able to find each other and run as nodes on the network? I would assume the XT12, being the more higher end of the 2, should be able to find and let the ET12's connect, but that was not the case.

so I downgraded

The two routers are the same хардваре with one radio difference:

XT12 - 2.4GHz, 5GHz-1, 5GHz-2
ET12 - 2.4GHz, 5GHz, 6GHz

In default wireless AiMesh configuration ET12 uses 6GHz radio for dedicated wireless backhaul.

The issue with your mixed AiMesh is perhaps incompatible to each other backhaul radios on XT12 and ET12. Not sure how this think is going to work except shared backhaul with clients on 5GHz radio. Wired AiMesh will be easier opening all three bands for clients. ET12 is not a downgrade, it's just different setup using Wi-Fi 6Е.

Thanks for that ... I will keep messing around with it and see if maybe turning off backhaul all together would be of any help here. Just seems kinda crazy that 2 models so close to each other dont work, and I would need the same model or a cheaper model to pull in an extra node.

appreciate the thoughts ...

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!